Are you 17-64 and not currently enrolled in an accredited course? Have you not completed Year 12 or an equivalent qualification (Certificate II)? Have you been out of fulltime work more for than a year? We can help you.
The Reconnect Program can provide you with:
Pathway planning and goal setting
Direct access to pre-accredited and accredited training
Links to work experience opportunities
What is Reconnect?
The Reconnect program intensively supports participants to get into vocational education and training. Case managers will work with you to develop a Student Learning Plan based on your needs and career goals. You will be assisted to enrol in an accredited course and move on to further training or employment.
Reconnect participants benefit from a dedicated Case Manager who will work with you to identify your educational goals and develop a learning plan to get you there. We provide:
- access to a wide range of pre-accredited and accredited courses
- ongoing study support to give you the best chance of success
- referrals to outside services such as mental health, crisis and/or housing supports
Am I eligible?
This program is for people who:
- Are currently not enrolled in an accredited course
- Have not completed Year 12 or an equivalent qualification (Certificate II)
- Have been out of full-time work for more than 12 months
What is expected of me?
- Go through an assessment process to decide on the support needed
- Develop a personalised Student Learning Plan
- Meet at least monthly with Reconnect Case Manager to review Student Learning Plan
- Have the aim of returning to some form of study to support vocational goals
What study pathway can Box Hill Institute’s Reconnect Program help me with?
- General Education
- VET Certificates
- Free TAFE Courses
What is the cost?
There is no cost to be part of this program, you just need to be eligible and participate in the meetings with your Case Manager. You also need to have a goal to re-engage with training or education.
For more information:
Contact Ben Durant
P: (03) 8892 1601
M: 0466 795 391
We have now filled all of the Reconnect places available. Check back with us in the future to find out about the availability of the program.