Looking for an Easter dessert recipe or a way to use some leftover hot cross buns? Try this delicious hot cross bun pudding recipe.
- 6 hot cross buns
- Butter, for spreading buns
- Jam or marmalade
- 50-100g chocolate (dark, milk or white), chopped, optional
- 75-100g nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans, etc), chopped, optional
- 2 large eggs
- 250 ml milk
- Heat the oven to 150°C (fan forced).
- Cut the hot cross buns in half and spread the bottom cut sides with butter and jam.
- Place the bottom half buns in a baking tray, sprinkle with half of the chocolate and nuts. Cover with top half of the buns.
- Beat the eggs, milk and sugar together in a separate bowl and pour over the buns.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate and nuts on top and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until just set and slightly wobbly.