Throughout the course you will learn:
- Introduction including sources of business ideas, commercialising it, story of NIKE, aspirations and abilities.
- Reason for pursuit including why are you doing it?, The authenticity factor.
- What & Who – What is your product and who does it serve?
- The 3 S Steps – situation analysis, develop your business structure/model, strategise – develop business & marketing plan.
- Situation – identify product/service and intended target market, develop your SWOT analysis, evaluate your skill sets – finance, admin, technical and marketing/sales. Why competitor analysis is critical. Understanding compliance and PEST.
- Structure – hone your value proposition and map to customer segment, determine the relationship and delivery, outline key activities and resource required for success, define who are the key stakeholders in the business, understand your expense and income stream line.
- Strategise – What is your business vision? What drives it? What is the business objectives? strategy to drive meeting of goals, marketing plan supporting your business goals, understanding marketing mix. Why is brand management critical?
- Finance – Establishing start-up costs, type of finance options, finance parameters to consider – cash flow, income protection.
- Timeframe – Outline the timeline and milestones.
- Go/No Go – Where to from here?
- Conclusion – recap the points.