Students must be able to use a sewing machine and have basic sewing skills.
Learn how to master sewing those tricky buttons, zippers and buttonholes. Develop your sewing-machine skills, stabilising techniques, various types of zippers (invisible, lapped and centred), various button holes (standard, square and keyhole) and correct application of horizontal and vertical buttonholes. Our experienced teacher will show you how to easily sew buttons using a sewing machine and how to identify the correct position to prevent gapping in blouses. Â
Currently, we have no dates scheduled for this course. Please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
Our experienced tutor, Aphrodite Vasilikakis, will show you how to easily sew buttons using a sewing machine and how to identify the correct position to prevent gapping in blouses. She's a treasure trove of talent.Â Â
Students need to bring the following:
- Gutterman thread (all-purpose or 100% polyester), preferably a dark colour.
- Bernina bobbin (specifically for Bernina machines – other bobbins are not compatible).
- Dressmaker scissors.
- Pins – dressmakers pins (need to be sharp).
- Tailors’ chalk – multi-coloured pack (4 different colours).
- Measuring tape (preferably with centimetres marked on one side, inches on the other side).
- Quick unpick/seam ripper.
- Machine needles – packet of Schmetz Universal no. 80.
- Hem gauge (optional).
- Thread cutter (optional).
- Zips â€“ roughly 18cm long (2 dress zips and 1invisible zipper).
- Shirt button 1cm with two holes.
- Notebook and pen.
Notification of any class cancellation would be 48 hours prior to course commencement. CAE advises students to purchase materials only after receiving email confirmation that the class will proceed as scheduled. We make every effort to ensure that classes proceed, to avoid disappointment.