Don’t let zippers and buttonholes intimidate you anymore! Learn sewing machine feet options, stabilising techniques, various types of zippers – invisible, lapped and centred, various button holes – standard, square, keyhole and correct application of horizontal and vertical buttonholes. Tutor, Aphrodite Vasilikakis also shows you how to easily sew buttons using a sewing machine and how to identify the correct position to prevent gapping in blouses.
Students must be able to use a sewing machine and have basic sewing skills.
Please bring the following to the class:
- Gutterman thread (all purpose or 100% polyester) preferably a dark colour
- Bernina Bobbin (must be specifically for Bernina machines other bobbins are not compatible)
- Dress makers scissors
- Pins – dressmakers pins (need to be sharp)
- Tailors chalk – Multi coloured pack (4 different colours)
- Measuring Tape (preferably with cm on one side and inches on the other)
- Quick unpick/Seam Ripper
- Machine needles – Packet of Schmetz Universal no. 80
- Hem Gauge (optional)
- Thread cutter (optional)
- ZIPS – roughly 18cm long Two dress zips and one invisible zipper.
- Shirt button 1cm with two holes
- Notebook & Pen
Notification of a class cancellation will be advised 48 hours prior to the course commencement date. We advise to purchase your materials once you have received email confirmation that your class is proceeding as scheduled. All efforts are made to ensure that our classes proceed to avoid disappointment.