The Reconnect Program intensively supports you to enrol in vocational education and training or find employment. Case managers will work with you to develop a work & learning plan based on your needs and career goals. You will receive assistance to enrol in pre-accredited or accredited course and move on to further training or employment.
Reconnect participants benefit from a dedicated case manager who will work with you to provide:
- access to a wide range of pre-accredited and accredited courses with ongoing support and guidance to remain engaged
- employment opportunities
- ongoing study support to give you the best chance of success
- financial assistance to assist with training and employment-related expenses
- referrals to external services such as mental health, crisis and/or housing supports
Skills First Reconnect is offered through funding support from the Victorian Government.
The Reconnect program intensively supports participants to get into vocational education and training. Case managers will work with you to develop a Student Learning Plan based on your needs and career goals. You will be assisted to enrol in an accredited course and move on to further training or employment.
Reconnect participants benefit from a dedicated Case Manager who will work with you to identify your educational goals and develop a learning plan to get you there. We provide:
access to a wide range of pre-accredited and accredited courses
ongoing study support to give you the best chance of success
referrals to outside services such as mental health, crisis and/or housing supports
View the eligibility criteria below:
|Eligibility Group 1||Those aged 17-19 who are not engaged in education and training for six months or more (not engaged is defined as studying or working less than 8 hours per week). Young people must not be enrolled in secondary school or have an exemption from school or Transition from School form approved by the appropriate authority.|
|Eligibility Group 2||Those aged between 20-64 and unemployed for six months or more (working less than 8 hours per week) and not engaged in education or training for six months or more (studying less than 8 hours per week).|
|Eligibility Group 3||Those aged 17-24 and currently or previously on a Youth Justice order. Orders include: Community Sentences; Youth Control Order; Probation Order; Youth Supervision Order; Youth Attendance Order; Detention (custodial) Sentences; Youth Residential Centre Order or Youth Justice Centre Order.|
|Eligibility Group 4||Asylum Seekers aged between 17-64 on one of the following visas:
Bridging visa E (BVE); Safe Haven Enterprise visa (SHEV); or a Temporary Protection visa (TPV).
- Go through an assessment process to decide on the support needed
- Develop a personalised Work & Learning Plan
- Meet at least monthly with your Reconnect Case Manager to review your Work & Learning Plan
- Have the aim of returning to some form of study to support vocational goals or engage with employment
- Free TAFE
- Vocational Certificates
- English as an Additional Language
There is no cost to be part of this program, you just need to be eligible and participate in the meetings with your Case Manager. You also need to have the goal of reengaging with training or employment.