This course covers general topics such as
- Greetings and introductions;
- Exchange personal details;
- Where a person lives – cities, countries;
- Food – types, likes and dislikes;
- Time – tell the time and days of the week.
Students will read and listen to dialogues, simple texts about everyday activities, and songs. Short exercises including phonetics will also be used to consolidate the new vocabulary and language structures. To develop oral communication skills, students are given opportunities to engage in short conversations on given topics.
Grammar is taught in the context of assisting students to understand how the language works. For instance, the verb â€œto beâ€ is introduced to facilitate the exchange of personal information.