Personal power ensures your success at work. Join Jacquie Wise to learn the principles of diplomacy and the art of persuasion. Avoid misunderstandings, handle unreasonable people and conflicts and enhance your leadership skills.
Who is this course for?
Those who are challenged with difficult people and sensitive situations. Those who want to be more effective team leaders, negotiators and influencers.
- What is diplomacy? Identify the characteristics of diplomatic people
- Understanding the psychology behind people’s reactions and defences
- Find out what it takes to become diplomatically firm
- Deal with bullies and other difficult people
- Manage your manager
- Stand firm and stay calm in the face of conflict and confrontation
- Deal with criticism and angry people
- Give negative feedback constructively for positive outcomes and relationships
- Ask for what you want clearly
- Set boundaries and limits and get others to respect them
- Turn conflict into constructive situations and relationships
- Develop scripts in class of what to say and role-play how to say it
You will learn all the techniques you need to be able to stand firm with confidence.
You will have a step-by-step process for handling the various challenging situations of your life.
What should I bring on the day?
Please bring a note pad and pen and your list of questions and have ready the handouts that Jacquie will send you in advance of the online class.
Jacquie Wise is a has been in private practice as a psychotherapist for 40 years,
specialising in self-esteem issues. Her work has included corporate consulting, training and coaching in both the private and public sectors. She has first-hand experience of difficult situations and people and has developed constructive ways of handling them. She has coached private clients on how to deal with difficult managers and corporate psychopaths. She guarantees individual attention in her warm and lively workshops.
Thursday, 24th June - 1 class
$295 / $280 (conc)