- Understand the role of a minute-taker.
- Handling common problems.
- Recording minutes for formal and informal meetings.
- Learn techniques for preparing minutes.
- Editing minutes.
- Understand the minute book.
- Taking minutes in an interactive meeting.
- Develop applicable listening skills.
So much more than taking notes in meetings.
Recording minutes accurately is an essential element in the running of any successful meeting, providing a history of discussion, recommendations and decisions taken. Unfortunately, it’s not uncommon for inexperienced staff to be asked to take on this important role and then find the process to be a daunting one. This workshop will help minute takers to better understand their important role and provide the best techniques for producing accurate minutes that includes all the essential information.
Thursday, 15th August - 1 class
$295 / $280 (conc)
- Recognize the importance of minute-taking and use this to your advantage.
- Remedy many of the complaints that face minute-takers.
- Write minutes that are suitable for formal meetings, informal meetings, and action meetings.
- Develop the essential skills of an effective minute-taker.
Please bring along a pen and paper to the session.