Minute taking: So much more than just taking notes in meetings
Recording minutes accurately is an essential element in the running of any successful meeting, providing a history of discussion, recommendations and decisions taken. Unfortunately, it’s not uncommon for inexperienced staff to be asked to take on this important role and then find the process to be a daunting one. This workshop will help minute takers to better understand their important role and provide the best techniques for producing accurate minutes that includes all the essential information.
- Understand the role of a minute-taker.
- Handling common problems.
- Recording minutes for formal and informal meetings.
- Learn techniques for preparing minutes.
- Editing minutes.
- Understand the minute book.
- Minute taking during an interactive meeting.
- Develop applicable listening skills.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of minute-taking and use this to your advantage.
- Remedy many of the complaints that face minute-takers.
- Write minutes that are suitable for formal meetings, informal meetings, and action meetings.
- Develop the essential skills of an effective minute-taker.
What should I bring on the day?
Please bring along a pen and paper to the session.
Wednesday, 11th August - 1 class
$295 / $280 (conc)