- Learn flower arranging in a variety of styles using both traditional and contemporary techniques.
- You will be introduced to flower identification and preparation techniques
- Learn how maintenance techniques and how to extend the life and quality of your arrangement
- Use a mixture of flowers and foliage’s which are widely available and used by floral designers
- Learn about focal flowers, secondary flowers filler flowers, and foliage in seasonal varieties
- Ideas for other arrangements will be workshopped and demonstrated
- Hands on work where you explore different techniques and find your own personal style
Participants will be able to use these skills to make arrangements at home. Course format is demonstration followed by practical exercises. Students will create up to three arrangements such as a table centre piece, a modern design and a bouquet/posy.
The course will assist people wishing to gain skills to be able to arrange flowers more effectively for hobby and the home environment, as well as assisting them in ways to improve their practice autonomously. The course will assist people considering a career in floristry by providing an insight into the industry, though it is not designed for entry into the floristry industry.
For accredited training in Floristry, students may wish to consider courses provided by Box Hill Institute: https://www.boxhill.edu.au/study-areas/floristry/
Please note that this class is delivered at Ola Cohn Centre, 41-43 Gipps St East Melbourne.
Car parking is limited (2 hour max).
Public transport: 5 min walk from No. 75 tram or else a 2 min walk from West Richmond station.