Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (TAE40110)
This training is provided to eligible individuals with funds made available by the Victorian and Commonwealth Governments. Learners should be aware that enrolling in Victorian Government subsidised training now may impact on access to further government funded training in the future
What can the Certificate IV TAE do for your career?
- Nationally recognised qualification.
- Minimum standard for training in Learning and Development, HR and training.
- Potential to open up a second income stream.
- Increase employability.
- Bridge the gap between training in the corporate and VET sectors.
- Insights into all aspects of the VET sector.
Advance and enhance your career in training with the new Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) course.
If you are thinking about a career as a VET trainer then this is the course for you!
The Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) qualification is a mandatory
requirement to train and assess nationally recognised courses within the workplace or within a training organisation.
Note that the unit TAELLN401A (Address Adult Language, Literacy & Numeracy Skills) will be a required unit of the Cert IV TAE
in 2014. All trainers will be required to have this unit as part of their Cert IV TAE. All of CAE’s Cert IV TAE courses will
offer this unit.
Download the TAE course outline and costings pdf here.
Information and Enrolment Days for 2015 intake
Thursday 11 December 2014, 4.00pm-6.00pm at CAE Level 2, 253 Flinders Lane, Melbourne
Box Hill Campus:
Wednesday 10 December 2014, 5.00pm-7.00pm at Box Hill Elgar Building 3, Level 4, 465 Eglar Road, Box Hill
Please see map for location and where you can find parking
How is the course structured?
A total of 10 units of competency are required to complete this qualification, consisting of 7 core units and 3 elective units.
- TAEDES401A - Design and develop learning programs
- TAEDES402A - Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
- TAEDEL401A - Plan, organize and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402A - Plan, organize and facilitate learning in the workplace(only Health and Safety elements)
- TAEASS401A - Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402B - Assess competence
- TAEASS403B - Participate in assessment validation
- BSBCMM401A - Make a Presentation
- TAEDL301A - Provide work skills instruction
- TAELLN411 - Address Adult Language Literacy and Numeracy Skills
No formal selection criteria. You may choose to enrol in this course when you are satisfied that the learning outcomes you gain
will meet your professional and personal needs.
Access and Equity
The principles of Access and Equity will be applied in the selection of learners and in the delivery of the training and assessment service.
Learners need to have good communication and literacy skills. You will also need sound computer skills, including the ability
to use a word processing program for reports and the ability to access and download material from the Internet.
How to enrol
If you have already done your research and know that doing your course through us is what you want to do, you can enrol in person at:
What documents do I need to bring?
CAE Info Shop
44 Degraves Street, Melbourne.
Hours of operation:
Monday to Thursday: 8.30am - 6pm (after 6pm please visit Customer Service on Level 2, 253 Flinders Lane Melbourne)
Friday: 8.30am - 5pm
Saturday: 8.45am - 1.45pm
Sunday: 9.30am - 12.30pm
For the full listing of required document for your enrolment, please click here.FAQs
Got a question about the Certificate IV in Training & Assessment? Click here for FAQs.