It is amazing how much more you notice when you draw your environment using a sketchbook! Explore Melbourne’s internationally renowned Botanical Gardens while learning the basic skills needed to make descriptive drawings of the landscape. Practice constructing a line drawing, creating tonal areas, and the basics of perspective and make your drawings interesting by showing both close-up details such as foliage and flowers, as well as their surrounding environment. Throughout the session there will be several demonstrations to illustrate composition, perspective and how to draw trees etc. The class is open to nature lovers at all levels of artistic ability.
Currently, we have no dates scheduled for this course. Please contact us via email email@example.com to register your interest.
Eleni Rivers is a professional artist who has been teaching painting and drawing for over 25 years. She recently completed her MFA at JFK University in Berkeley, California in addition to holding several art degrees from colleges in Australia. Her paintings, drawings and illustrations have been exhibited and published in many countries and are held in collections both here and the US. Now based in Melbourne, Eleni continues her journey in paint on themes of nature, family and belonging within the Australian landscape. You can see examples of Eleni's work at www.elenirivers.com
Please bring the following sketching materials:
• A4 size drawing or sketching block with firm backing for support plus a bulldog clip to keep paper secured
• 2B pencil; 6 or 8B pencil or any pencil that makes a heavy dark line such as a black colour pencil
- Colour pencils not essential but bring if you have them.
• Eraser and sharp knife or sharpener
For your own comfort and sketching activities bring the following:
• Sun hat, water bottle & snack
• Something light to sit on e.g. small picnic rug and or small stool
• Do dress for comfort taking the weather forecast into consideration
• Note: In case of rain, the session will move undercover inside the cafe
Notification of a class cancellation will be advised 48 hours prior to the course commencement date. We advise to purchase your materials once you have received email confirmation that your class is proceeding as scheduled. All efforts are made to ensure that our classes proceed to avoid disappointment.