Fun, inspirational activities and techniques designed to get the writerly brain cells firing.
During this class you will cover the following content:
Identify your audience. 0 – teenage?
Focus on your theme.
- What point are you making?
- Is it of interest to your audience?
- Consider the proposed format of your finished work.
- How many pages and words does it have?
- How are the text and pictures related?
Develop your plot with attention to the turning pages.
Develop your characters with a limited number of words.
- What do they want?
- How do they relate to each other?
Develop your writing style with reference to concepts and language accessible to your audience.
- Is the book to be read aloud to children?
- Is it a read alone book?