Fun, inspirational activities and techniques designed to get the writerly brain cells firing.
During this class you will cover the following content:
Identify your audience. 0 – teenage?
Focus on your theme.
– What point are you making?
– Is it of interest to your audience?
– Consider the proposed format of your finished work.
– How many pages and words does it have?
– How are the text and pictures related?
Develop your plot with attention to the turning pages.
Develop your characters with a limited number of words.
– What do they want?
– How do they relate to each other?
Develop your writing style with reference to concepts and language accessible to your audience.
– Is the book to be read aloud to children?
– Is it a read alone book?