The Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) is a pathway to tertiary study. It provides opportunities for work, career and personal enrichment. As the biggest provider of Adult VCE in Victoria, CAE offers:
- Year 11 and Year 12
- a choice of day or evening classes
- unit 2 subject selections for semester 2
- weekly tutorial sessions available in most subjects
- pre VCE pathway to Year 11
- an opportunity to commence Year 12 English and/or Year 12 Further Maths, Semester 2, 2019 on the Northern Hemisphere Timetable (NHT)
- part time or full time study
- single subject enrolments
- demonstrated VCE results
Did you know?
In the last three years CAE has achieved superior Median VCE Study Scores and a higher percentage of Study Scores of 40 and over, compared to the other metropolitan Adult VCE providers.
You should enrol to study with us if you:
- want to return to study after a break
- are seeking an alternative learning environment to secondary school
- want to enrol in single VCE subjects not offered at your secondary school
- wish to study part time
- have completed VCE and want to improve your ATAR by taking additional subjects
- are an adult wanting to study a VCE subject for personal interest
This course gives you the ability to complete Units 1 and 2 (Year 11) of the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) in an adult environment and prepares students for VCE Units 3 and 4 (Year 12). You can choose to study from a range of subjects in arts, science, maths, business, history, law and social sciences.
Students undertaking this course will be enrolled at Box Hill Institute RT0 4687. Upon completion, you will receive certification from the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA).
|Tuition Fee Type||Estimated Annual Fee|
|Gov. Subsidised - Standard||$1,584.00|
|Gov. Subsidised - Concession||$303.00|
|Full Tuition Fee||$6,984.00|
|Service Fees||Estimated Annual Fees|
|Service & Amenities*||$155.00|
|Core Skills Support**||$75.00|
|Annual Material Fees||$252.00|
|Retain Course Items***||No fee applies|
** Does not apply to VETiS, International students, Short Courses, Graduate Degrees , or re-enrolling students who re-enrol in the same course.
***Retained Course Items are purchased by the student once prior to commencing. The course items bought by the student become the property of the student. Such items retain a generic application for other purposes outside the student's course of study (e.g. textbooks).
Annual student tuition & material fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Fees listed are for 2019 and may increase annually over the duration of delivery. Advertised start dates and delivery locations are subject to viable student numbers. For more information please contact our Course Advisors on 1300 BOX HILL.
Completing your VCE will expand your options for the future. After successful completion, you can apply for further study, search for a wide range of jobs or qualify for a promotion in your workplace.
After successful completion, you can apply for entry into a degree or diploma course.
You must attend a teacher interview session as part of the enrolment process prior to course commencement.
General VCE - 16 units
- Students under 18 must bring a copy of their latest school report/s or documentation related to any other courses undertaken.
- Students under 17 (with a completed Year 10) choosing to leave secondary school are required to supply a Transition from School (TFS) form, which must be completed and signed off by the school Principal.
- Students under 17 (without a completed Year 10) choosing to leave secondary school are required to supply a Transition from School (TFS) form, which must be completed and signed off by the school Principal and the Department of Education Regional Office. TFS forms are available from the Department of Education website and must be signed prior to commencement of the course.
Adult VCE - 8 units
- You must be at least 18 years of age on 1 January of the enrolment year and you must have been out of full time secondary school for at least 12 months to satisfy the Adult VCE criteria
To assist prospective students to determine whether a course is suitable and appropriate for the individual needs the Institute and CAE will assess all students’ language, literacy and numeracy and digital literacy by asking you to undertake a self-assessment review prior to the enrolment.
A course advisor will discuss the outcomes of the review and make recommendations about whether the course is suitable for you, and identify additional support where required.
This course is government accredited and has national recognition
The qualification is aligned with the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) level
Full time: 1 year
Part time: 2 - 4 years
New students are required to attend an interview. Visit the CAE Upcoming Events area for enrolment session bookings.