This diverse program in the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) is delivered at our city campus. The course is delivered in the iconic café precinct of Degraves St and Flinders Lane, just a short walk from Flinders Street Station and other public transport.
This course gives you the ability to complete Units 1 and 2 of the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) in an adult environment and prepares you for VCE Units 3 and 4.
You can choose to study from a range of subjects in arts, science, maths, business, history, law and social sciences.
Accreditation: The Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) is a senior secondary certificate of education recognised within the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
Please note: Students undertaking this course will be enrolled at the Box Hill Institute (RTO 4687), City campus (CAE). Upon completion, you will receive certification from the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA).
|Tuition Fee Type||Estimated Annual Fee|
|Gov. Subsidised - Standard||$1,584.00|
|Gov. Subsidised - Concession||$317.00|
|Full Tuition Fee||$6,984.00|
|Service Fees||Estimated Annual Fees|
|Service & Amenities*||$155.00|
|Core Skills Support**||$75.00|
|Annual Material Fees||$224.00|
|Retain Course Items***||No fee applies|
** Does not apply to VETDSS, International students, Short Courses, Graduate Degrees , or re-enrolling students who re-enrol in the same course.
***Retained Course Items are purchased by the student once prior to commencing. The course items bought by the student become the property of the student. Such items retain a generic application for other purposes outside the student's course of study (e.g. textbooks).
Annual student tuition & material fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Fees listed are for 2019 and may increase annually over the duration of delivery. Advertised start dates and delivery locations are subject to viable student numbers. For more information please contact our Course Advisors on 1300 BOX HILL.
Completing your VCE will expand your options for the future. After successful completion, you can apply for further study, search for a wide range of jobs or qualify for a promotion in your workplace.
As student completing your VCE at the CAE, you are guaranteed entry into a wide variety of diploma and degree courses offered through Box Hill Institute. These courses include:
- Nursing and Health Services including the Diploma of Nursing
- ICT and Information Management including Cyber Security and Games Development
- Sport and Fitness including the Diploma of Sport Development
- Business and Management
- Science and Biosecurity including the Bachelor of Biosecurity
- Community and Children's Services including the Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Fashion including the Bachelor of Fashion
There are also a variety of other degrees, diplomas and certificates offered at Box Hill Institute which you can choose.
After successful completion, you can also apply through VTAC for entry into a wide variety of degree, diploma and certificate courses offered at other institutions in Victoria and throughout Austalia.
General VCE - 16 units
- Students under 18 must bring a copy of their latest school report/s or documentation related to any other courses undertaken.
- Students under 17 (with a completed Year 10) choosing to leave secondary school are required to supply a Transition from School (TFS) form, which must be completed and signed off by the school Principal.
- Students under 17 (without a completed Year 10) choosing to leave secondary school are required to supply a Transition from School (TFS) form, which must be completed and signed off by the school Principal and the Department of Education Regional Office. TFS forms are available from the Department of Education website and must be signed prior to commencement of the course.
Adult VCE - 8 units
- You must be at least 18 years of age on 1 January of the enrolment year and you must have been out of full time secondary school for at least 12 months to satisfy the Adult VCE criteria.
To assist prospective students to determine whether a course is suitable and appropriate for the individual needs, Box Hill Institute will assess all students’ language, literacy and numeracy and digital literacy by asking you to undertake a self-assessment review prior to the enrolment.
A course advisor will discuss the outcomes of the review and make recommendations about whether the course is suitable for you, and identify additional support where required.
This course is government accredited and has national recognition
The qualification is aligned with the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) level
Full time: 1 year
Part time: 2 - 4 years
Online applications are now open for 2020. Use this enquiry form to begin your application.
This training is provided to eligible individuals with funds made available by the Commonwealth and Victorian Governments
February and July. For 2020, the start date is Monday 3 February. Online applications are now open.
A general (Youth) VCE requires completion of 16 units, which must include: three units from the English group, where at least two of the units are part of a Unit 3 &Unit 4 sequence plus at least three sequences of Unit 3 and 4 subjects from studies other than English.
An adult VCE minimum requirement is 8 units i.e. two units from the English group, plus, three sequences of Units 3 and 4 in studies other than English.
The Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) advises that satisfactory completion of both Units 3 and 4 of an English sequence is required for the calculation of a student’s Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR).