Do you want to study VCE in a flexible, dynamic evironment? Are you looking for an alternative to studying VCE in mainstream schooling or an adult returning to study?
The CAE, Box Hill Institute, offers a diverse program in The Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) in a locale easliy accessible via public transport and just a short walk from Flinders Street Station. Nestled in a vibrant corner of the city surrounded by libraries and cafes, you can successfully complete your VCE, and create new opportunities for work, career and personal enrichment. As the biggest provider of Adult VCE in Victoria, CAE offers:
- Year 11 and Year 12
- a choice of day or evening classes
- student support, counselling services and academic support to cater for a diverse range of student needs and backgrounds.
- unit 2 subject selections for semester two
- weekly tutorial sessions available in all subjects
- pre VCE pathway to Year 11
- an opportunity to commence Year 12 English and/or Year 12 Further Maths, Semester 2, 2019 on the Northern Hemisphere Timetable (NHT)
- part time or full time study
- single subject enrolments or VCE study for personal interest
- demonstrated VCE results
- the opportunity to improve your ATAR by taking additional subjects
Did you know?
In the last three years CAE has achieved superior Median VCE Study Scores and a higher percentage of Study Scores of 40 and over, compared to the other metropolitan Adult VCE providers.
This course gives you the ability to complete Units 1 and 2 (Year 11) of the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) in an adult environment and prepares students for VCE Units 3 and 4 (Year 12). You can choose to study from a range of subjects in arts, science, maths, business, history, law and social sciences.
Government Subsidised Place: this training is provided to eligible individuals with funds made available by the Commonwealth and Victorian Governments
Students undertaking this course will be enrolled at the Box Hill Institute, City campus (CAE). Upon completion, you will receive certification from the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA).
|Tuition Fee Type||Estimated Annual Fee|
|Gov. Subsidised - Standard||$1,584.00|
|Gov. Subsidised - Concession||$317.00|
|Full Tuition Fee||$6,984.00|
|Service Fees||Estimated Annual Fees|
|Service & Amenities*||$155.00|
|Core Skills Support**||$75.00|
|Annual Material Fees||$224.00|
|Retain Course Items***||No fee applies|
** Does not apply to VETiS, International students, Short Courses, Graduate Degrees , or re-enrolling students who re-enrol in the same course.
***Retained Course Items are purchased by the student once prior to commencing. The course items bought by the student become the property of the student. Such items retain a generic application for other purposes outside the student's course of study (e.g. textbooks).
Annual student tuition & material fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Fees listed are for 2019 and may increase annually over the duration of delivery. Advertised start dates and delivery locations are subject to viable student numbers. For more information please contact our Course Advisors on 1300 BOX HILL.
Completing your VCE will expand your options for the future. After successful completion, you can apply for further study, search for a wide range of jobs or qualify for a promotion in your workplace.
After successful completion, you can apply for entry into a degree or diploma course.
General VCE - 16 units
- Students under 18 must bring a copy of their latest school report/s or documentation related to any other courses undertaken.
- Students under 17 (with a completed Year 10) choosing to leave secondary school are required to supply a Transition from School (TFS) form, which must be completed and signed off by the school Principal.
- Students under 17 (without a completed Year 10) choosing to leave secondary school are required to supply a Transition from School (TFS) form, which must be completed and signed off by the school Principal and the Department of Education Regional Office. TFS forms are available from the Department of Education website and must be signed prior to commencement of the course.
Adult VCE - 8 units
- You must be at least 18 years of age on 1 January of the enrolment year and you must have been out of full time secondary school for at least 12 months to satisfy the Adult VCE criteria
To assist prospective students to determine whether a course is suitable and appropriate for the individual needs the Institute and CAE will assess all students’ language, literacy and numeracy and digital literacy by asking you to undertake a self-assessment review prior to the enrolment.
A course advisor will discuss the outcomes of the review and make recommendations about whether the course is suitable for you, and identify additional support where required.
This course is government accredited and has national recognition
The qualification is aligned with the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) level
Full time: 1 year
Part time: 2 - 4 years