Understanding the basics of social media will set you on the right path to success
Social Media is not only changing the way we find information online, it can be the key to your success at work, business or in life – ignore at your peril!
In this session with experienced trainer Sue Ellson, you will learn about the basic fundamentals of Social Media and how it can be used on an everyday basis. You will learn the principles of social media and how different platforms offer different benefits. You can then select which social media you might like to learn more about in the future.
The course includes a range of real life examples and discusses strategies for success.
During this Social Media Fundamentals you will learn:
- The fundamentals of social media
- General information about Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Time for questions and answers
By the end of the course you will have:
- A greater overall understanding of how social media influences behaviour.
- A basic understanding of how the social media platforms Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram work can be used and some of the benefits and limitations of each.
- Some take home ideas that you can implement in your own life.
- Participated in networking and sharing with the other participants.
Who is this course for?
- People using or planning to use social media more effectively for personal, business or enterprise use.
- People who uses social media for personal use but want to know more about it and learn more about other social media platforms they have not used before.
- Someone who has a job that also requires them to update the enterprise social media presence.
What does this course NOT include?
- Walking through the setting up social media profiles.
- Troubleshooting existing social media profiles.
- Practice with your own social media profiles.
- Setting up social media paid advertising campaigns.
Sue Ellson BBus AIMM MAHRI CDAA (Assoc) ASA MPC launched her first website in May 2001. Since then, she has used a variety of website platforms for her own and her clients’ websites, for a wide range of professions and industries. Sue loves to share her informative real life examples in class so that once you have completed the course, you can avoid the most common mistakes and either take on the project yourself or work out how to communicate your desires to a website designer.
As an experienced trainer, professional learner and consultant in practice, Sue provides simple, non-jargon, up-to-date explanations during the course. Sue also welcomes any questions you may have (even the ‘stupid’ ones) and she will give you practical and realistic answers. You will come away from this course with a much better understanding of what to do next and what will work for you. Sue’s interactive approach will also enable you to learn from your fellow students.