The content of this course will introduce you, in an accessible and friendly way to real live situations, so you can begin to communicate in the target language.
By the end of this course students should be able to:
- Know the basic alphabet (names of letters). Be able to spell their names and give email addresses.
- Pronounce words and phrases effectively. There is nothing worse than thinking you are saying something when in reality it has a different meaning or does not make sense at all
- Understand critical and essential language protocol requirements e.g. Knowing how to address people (formal and informal)
- Express greetings, introductions and courtesy expressions
- Talk about yourself: your home town; where you are from; your job; your family
- Learn numbers, days of the week and months of the year.
- Talk about the weather
- Shop confidently – grocery stores, names of food items; clothes names,
- Go to restaurants and bars, cafes with ease, knowing how to order and asking for the bill
- Discus health issues – going to the doctor and explaining symptoms