This 18-hour course focuses on speaking and listening so that students will be able to communicate effectively on everyday topics, such as
- Buying tickets and discussing my options regarding travel;
- Basic geographical facts about Sweden;
- Using a computer and filling in forms in Swedish;
- Swedish food and drinks, and ordering meals in a restaurant;
- Understanding advertisements and signage;
- Talking about experiences I’ve had.
Students will continue to learn the about Swedish grammar structures, such as prepositions and the differences in past tense structures. The course aims at getting students speaking more, as well as improving their listening and reading skills.