The complete self-publishing course
No existing story or work in progress required!
This step by step course, presented by author, publishing and marketing consultant Julie Postance, will take you from initial concept right the way through to self-published paperback or eBook.
Publishing your own book establishes you as an expert and can bring you career acceleration, money and opportunities beyond your wildest dreams. Bypass rejection letters from publishers, learn how to write, edit and get your book out there into physical book stores or online as a Kindle eBook in places such as Amazon and iBooks.
You will also learn about preparation, publishing and marketing strategies.
During this self-publishing course you will learn:
- The benefits of self-publishing over mainstream publishing.
- Brainstorming a topic.
- Choosing a book idea.
- Planning your book.
- Writing your book or finding someone to write it for you!
- Ways to get your book written really fast!
- Finding the right editor/s for your book.
- Book layout and design.
- Sourcing the best quality royalty free images.
- Getting an awesome cover designed for you (at a price to suit any budget).
- Finding a top quality, low-cost local printer to print small batches of books.
- Uploading your printed book on Amazon and other online retailers to sell your printed book globally.
- Preparing your ebook to sell on Amazon (Kindle), iBooks, Barnes & Noble Nook, Sony & Kobo e-readers.
- Ensuring you have an author platform.
- Some great marketing strategies to sell more books.
The course also includes videos of successful self-published authors, highly interactive activities and tips and tools that you can implement immediately in order to create your book.
What to bring:
Please bring along a pen and paper or your laptop to each session.
Who is this course for?
This self-publishing course is perfect for those who have written or are in the process of writing a book or are simply interested in exploring the amazing opportunities that self-publishing offers.
It is not necessary for you to have written anything to attend.
Julie Postance is a successful author and a highly experienced teacher focusing on writing and self-publishing. Writing and teaching is her passion and Julie loves to help others to achieve their dreams of writing, publishing and promoting their book.
CAE offers a wide range of Writing & Editing courses, Literature Appreciation and Bookgroups activities. For details of upcoming courses please refer to the CAE website www.cae.edu.au or phone CAE Customer Service on 9652 0611.