- Overview of the editing process from structural editing to copy editing to proofreading.
- Introduction to the Structural Editing Process: developing a strong internal structure for documents. This includes transitional devices and signposts for ensuring a cohesive and clear progression of discourse.
- Practical Assignments: learning and applying the analytical skills required to create a structurally sound document.
- Introduction to the copy editing process: developing clear, meaningful and readable documents for effective communication. This includes identifying common grammatical and punctuation errors.
- Practical Assignments: learning and applying the analytical and intuitive skills required to make any writing clear, concise and compelling to read.
- Introduction to proofreading: provided with the proof reader’s check list.