- Learn techniques for getting past those nerves.
- What to do when you go blank.
- Overcome common speech patterns that let you down.
- Use gestures and body language to emphasise your points.
- Time your talk to keep it short, to the point, and impactful.
Captivating Your Audience
- Introducing yourself or introducing another speaker.
- Pitching at the right level for your audience.
- Being well prepared to answer questions and anticipate objections.
- Persuading and convincing: how to follow proven formats and techniques.
- Use ways of following up to gain commitment.
- Speak up at meetings to give a good impression.
- Present a powerful summary of yourself for job interviews.
Learn Tips and Techniques for Impact
- Using your voice to sound more confident than you really are.
- Strong openings and closes.
- Choose appropriate stories, analogies, metaphors to captivate your audience.
- Think on your feet.
- Checklists and outlines for:
- meeting discussion
- Planning and structuring your presentations – how to manage your time, know how to speed up slow down.
- Learn how to facilitate workshops and train groups (if required).
Create Impactful Visual Aids
- What is a good visual aid? (Examples and models shown)
- DOs and DON’T’s:
- Avoid common PowerPoint mistakes.
- Design clear, effective PowerPoint slides.
- Visual aids other than PowerPoint.
- How to use visual aids effectively—when to use them and when not to.
- When to use hand-outs and written back-up material.
Practise during the course
You will have at least three opportunities during the course to present a topic of your choice to the group, with support and guidance. Gain instant feedback for self-improvement.
Develop your own personal action plan for what to do next to develop your confidence and style.
- You will be better able to impress and entertain in both business and social presentations.
- You will be more confident and will have the strategies in place to plan and deliver powerul and convincing presentations.
- You will have structured a speech or presentation of your choice.
- You will have practised in a safe and supportive environment.
Please bring a large A4 notebook and coloured pens: black, red, green, blue.