Please bring the following items to class:
- Lingerie piece pattern ready to use. Suggeted size: Vogue V8888 A5 for sizes 6-14 and EE for sizes 14-20.
- Meterage of fabrics and lace as indicated on the pattern pack. This indicates type and volume of material to buy, according to chosen style/garment and size. Also add 25cm extra in order to make trial samples.
- Fabrics recommended: lightweight satins or crepes, preferably polyester or silk, depending on budget.
- Lace: A fine lace. Avoid guipure lace.
- Matching threads.
- If possible, a pair of duckbill scissors.
- General sewing equipment: e.g. cutting shears, fine pins, measuring tape and rulers, pencil.
- Carbon paper.
In preparation for the class students are required to:
1) Have their patterns ready to use – with the correct size traced out.
2) Pre-shrink their fabric, especially if it is silk. Use cold-to-lukewarm water with a bit of silk detergent, squeeze the silk gently, rinse without wringing, and dry in a shaded area.