Students are required to bring to first class:
- Pen and paper, pencil, pencil sharpener, eraser, sticky tape
- 1 reel of Gutterman brand poly/cotton sewing thread for general sewing
- 1 packet of Schmetz universal no. 12/ 80 sewing machine needles
- 2 metal bobbins for Bernina sewing machine (must be specifically for Bernina machines as other bobbins are not compatible) Flexible measuring tape (preferably with cm on one side and inches on the other)
- 1 packet of long, fine glass headed pins
- Tailors chalk – multi coloured pack (4 different colours)
- Quick unpick/seam ripper
- 1 quick unpick
- 1 pair paper cutting scissors(preferably long bladed, similar to dressmakers scissors but not as good quality)
Students will be advised during the first class about the purchase of suitable dressmaking scissors, patterns and fabric to purchase for class project. These additional items will be required for the second class.
Notification of a class cancellation will be advised 48 hours prior to the course commencement date. We advise to purchase your materials once you have received email confirmation that your class is proceeding as scheduled. All efforts are made to ensure that our classes proceed to avoid disappointment.