In this class you will learn how to:
- Create small scale resin objects suitable for jewellery and other small scale projects
- Casting with fast setting resin and long setting resins
- Exploring the use of found object to embed in resin
- Exploring the use of colour pigments with resin
- Creating 1-part moulds for resin casting with found or hand sculpted objects
- Finishing processes including sanding and polishing
- Students create a number of small-scale objects suitable for various different jewellery applications. These are based on multi-purpose shapes such as disks, triangles, half-moons and bangles created from moulds supplied for students during class.
- Students also learn how to use and createsilicone moulds based on their own designs from found objects they can take home at the end of class.
- Students will learn finishing and polishing techniques they can apply to their previously cast pieces so these are finished and ready to wear or display by the end of class.
This class is suitable for complete beginners and those with previous jewellery making experience.