A COMPREHENSIVE INTRODUCTION TO MICROSOFT ACCESS
Microsoft Access is a tool that can be used for administrative activities such as recording into, cleaning up (including matching of records) and reporting from one or more tables in a systematic, effective and efficient manner. It complements Microsoft Excel (which has strengths in impromptu calculations) and Microsoft Word (strong in laying out voluminous text).
The skills and knowledge acquired in Microsoft Access 2016 – Level 1 provide the foundation to understand and start creating database systems using Tables and Forms with Queries and Reports. For systems that are to be automated for single or multiple users, it is highly recommended to also undertake Access Level 2
At the completion of this course you should be able to:
- Understand how Access is used and how to navigate around it
- Design and create a Database based on transactional tables and lookup tables
- Modify the structure of existing Tables, Querys, Forms, Reports
- Add / edit / delete records
- Create effective Queries to sort, filter, calculate and aggregate data
- Create meaningful Reports to printer, pdf and Excel
- Create and use Forms
Who is this course suited to?
Microsoft Access 2016 – Level 1 assumes little or no knowledge of the software. However, it’s necessary to have a general understanding of personal computers and the Windows operating system environment as this course will not teach those skills.