- Conjugation of past tenses
- The use of why, when, which, how and what
- Location and directions
- Sentence endings in formal polite style
- Public transportations in Korea
- Introduction of descriptive verbs
This course is designed for people who want to broaden their understanding and communication skills in Korean or those who would like to continue learning the language for enjoyment and cultural insight. The content is presented in an accessible and non-threatening way and opportunities are constantly provided for students to communicate in Korean.
Tuesday, 7th May - 9 classes
$349 / $332 (conc)
Tuesday, 25th June - 9 classes
$349 / $332 (conc)
By the end of this course students should be able to:
- use past tense of verbs correctly in complex sentences;
- engage in simple conversations and exchange information such as ‘what did I do’ and ‘when did I do’ etc;
- describe how to get to the places;
- use formal polite style sentences for job interviews, in an academic environment and when giving speeches in public;
- understand the customs of Korean people in relation to social gatherings ( eg :parties) and gift giving/receiving
- understand Korean transportation system and availability
- be familiar with the descriptive verbs
- be familiar with some famous and attractive suburbs for tourist to visit in Seoul.
Korean Elementary 2 or the equivalent of about 35 hours of previous study.
IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED THE PREVIOUS LEVEL AT CAE, YOU NEED TO CONTACT CAE FOR A SKILL ASSESSMENT PRIOR TO ENROLLING.
N.B. CAE withdrawal policy does not allow for refund or transfer once the course has started in the event that the level of the class is not suitable.
Pen and paper.
Sogang (Seo-Kang) Korean Student book 1A
Sogang (Seo-Kang) Korean Work book 1A
LANGUAGE INTERNATIONAL, 15 Station Street, Kew East Vic 3102 ph: 9857 0030
Available with companion website access from Georgetown University Press. Companion website access can be purchased by itself.
If ordering from Language International, please note the bookshop only sells the Textbook and Workbook as a single pack. The ISBN for this pack is: 2770000087773.
For further information please contact the Languages Centre on 9652 0677 or email email@example.com
***Cancelations or postponements are notified 48 hours before class commencement. Please consider this before purchasing class materials***
Suitable for students who have some basic knowledge of Korean.
Students are encouraged to participate in class activities, furthering skills in both speaking and listening. It is highly recommended that they devote at least 2 hours per week to study outside class time.
Students are also encouraged to read, listen to radio programs and watch TV programs in the language whenever possible