In this course students will be covering:
- Greetings: Expressions for greeting and farewelling will be introduced with appropriate body language and etiquette. These include introducing oneself and others
- Shopping: Sino-Korean numbers, basic expressions for purchasing and bargaining for goods
- Food and drink: ordering drinks, basic expressions for dishes and for thanking and refusing a meal
- The Korean alphabet, Hangul, consonants and vowels, syllables
- Travelling: telling the time and asking for locations
- Family, including the Korean family structure
The course will not focus on formal grammar teaching. However, basic sentence patterns and word order in Korean will be introduced.