Liz Ede steps you through gentle exercises to music that will help keep your joints healthy, muscles toned and mind active. Work at your own pace with safe exercises suitable for the older adult, all to music that you like to hear.
The sessions are planned and paced professionally, and progress according to the needs of the individuals in the class.
- Rhythmic movement to gently warm up the body
- Gentle stretching to increase range of movement
- Easy social dances and routines for fun and fitness
- Strength, co-ordination and balance work is included as there may be loss in these areas in later life
- Floor (chair if preferred) work and a short relaxation conclude the session
Thursday, 2nd May - 9 classes
$199 / $189 (conc)
- Enjoyment of exercise, greater ease of movement and a sense of relaxation
- Encouragement to work at your own level; exercises can be adapted to suit injuries or weak areas
- Increase general fitness and improve wellbeing and the quality of life in the years ahead
- Focus on the preventative role of exercise in maintaining your health
Liz trained at in dance at the Scottish Ballet School and Theatre School of Dance and Drama in Edinburgh but decided to spread her wings and travel to Germany, where she worked as an au pair while studying at the Berlin Opera Ballet School. While on a visit to relatives in Australia she fell in love with the country and decided to make it her home. In 1990 she returned to study fitness at Victoria University, specialising in older adults.
Since then Liz has been a regular tutor at CAE, as well as at various private and community classes in Melbourne such as Downtown Theatre Co., Studio 56, Hawthorn Community Mental Health Clinic and Harold Holt Swim Centre. At the CAE Liz has developed courses specifically for older adults utilising other disciplines (such as yoga, tai-chi, Pilates) as well as bringing in ideas and knowledge from her dancing background.
Men and women who wish to increase their physical wellbeing and would like to pursue a preventative approach to health. If you seek a relaxed and friendly atmosphere and prefer to learn and socially interact with students of a similar age – usually 50 – 70+ years – this course is for you!