This course covers general topics such as greetings, introductions and farewells, discussing topics of everyday life (e.g., work, family, and personal life). Some grammar topics are covered formally but most are covered by way of exercises and by asking students to discover grammar rules as they use the language..
This is an 18-hour beginners’ course ideal for people who want a basic introduction to the language and culture and who want to communicate with friends, family members, colleagues and people in the community.
Thursday, 27th September - 9 classes
$349 / $332 (conc)
Monday, 8th October - 9 classes
$349 / $332 (conc)
No class on Nov.5, 2018
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Greet people formally and informally;
- Introduce yourself and others;
- When to use tu and when to use Lei;
- Ask where someone lives and say where you live;
- Ask someone how they are;
- Talk on the phone;
- Say how you are and say thank you;
- Express desires;
- Order something in a cafe talk about work;
- Ask someone their name and say yours;
- Ask someone what their nationality is and state yours;
- Develop an understanding and appreciation of the values and customs of Italian-speaking communities.
IF YOU HAVE HAD SOME PREVIOUS EXPOSURE TO THE LANGUAGE, YOU NEED TO CONTACT CAE FOR A FREE SKILL ASSESSMENT PRIOR TO ENROLLING.
N.B. CAE withdrawal policy does not allow for refund or transfer once the course has started in the event that the level of the class is not suitable.
Pen and Paper
Textbook: Arrivederci 1 for English Speakers. (Beginners). A multimedia Italian course. Student’s book and Workbook. Publisher: Edilingua, 2013
LANGUAGE INTERNATIONAL, 13-15 Station Street, Kew East, Vic 3012 Phone: 9857 0030
BOOKERY, 9-11 Victoria Street, Fitzroy 3065. Phone: 8417 9500
DYMOCKS, 234 Collins Street, Melbourne, 3000. Phone: (03) 9663 0900.
Order online: Foreign Language Bookshop
***Cancellations or postponements are notified 48 hours before class commencement. Please consider this before purchasing class materials***
Suitable for complete beginners.