Have you ever wanted to try stand up comedy? What’s stopping you? We will take you through the steps of writing, developing and performing your own stand-up routine.
Gain the skills and confidence to continue with your stand-up comedy activities.
- Write and develop your first stand-up routine.
- Learn comedy performance techniques.
- Experience the opportunity of performing your own material.
- Students are introduced to comic styles and learn practical comedy writing as well as performance techniques.
- Build confidence by practising and workshopping your material each week in a safe and supportive environment.
- The course will culminate in an opportunity for you to perform your own routine (though this is optional) and you may invite family and friends to the final session.
Elizabeth Davie is a comedian, performer and writer from Melbourne who has created and performed live comedy shows for the Melbourne Comedy and Fringe Festivals, including Super Woman Money Program, The Yonder, Also Ran, CREEPS and Party Banana.
Elizabeth wrote and performed in Channel 31 TV shows About Tonight, The Leak and Live on Bowen. She performs regularly at comedy nights around Melbourne and is one of the founders of Peanut Noir, an experimental monthly comedy night in Northcote. Elizabeth has studied clowning and performance with Philippe Gaulier, Giovanni Fusetti, Philip Burgers, Deanna Fleysher and Clare Bartholomew.