Artist Janet Hayes will show you how to create sketches in ink and use watercolour to add colour. Ink and watercolour is a quick and easy way to capture landscape, buildings and your favourite things. This class involves a combination of exercises exploring different techniques with watercolour and creating finished sketches. Janet will interact with students to answer individual questions in a safe and supportive online environment.
For beginners and those who want to brush up on their sketching skills. Materials list supplied (includes suggestions for paper, pencils, pens and watercolours from a small inexpensive palette to a larger comprehensive set).
**Important notice for learners who enrol on the course start date** Please check your confirmation email and ensure you contact Short Courses at email@example.com to receive a link to attend online sessions.
Materials will be discussed in the first session, please have available what you can find. It’s ok to start with just a few things from the list
– an ink pen, a watercolour brush, one or two tubes of colour and some watercolour paper, or pad, are essential
• Paper A5 or A4 Art Spectrum Watercolour rough texture pad (approx $11-$20) or similar, alternatively; you will need 4- 6 sheets so you may just like to have a sheet of watercolour paper to cut up 200gsm – 300gsm cold press medium to rough texture
• Waterproof black ink pen such as Micron .05, or similar, can even be a black biro (approx $5)
• 1H graphite pencil or similar HB is fine)(approx $2)
• Small watercolour set such as a round Koh-i-Noor colour set (approx $6) or a set of at least 6 half pans with palette, (approx $50) (Koh-i-Noor colour sets and half pan sets are great for outdoor work), or at least 7 watercolours tubes e.g. lemon yellow, cadmium yellow deep, ultramarine blue, prussian blue, crimson, cadmium red, black (approx $35) plus a plastic palette (can be a plastic plate)
• 2 x Number 6 round taklon brushes, or similar (approx $10 )
Total: minimum $35, maximum $90 depending on what you would like to spend, any queries will be addressed in the first session.
Many of these materials will be available at Officeworks. Online art shops I recommend are: The Art Shop, Seniors Art Supplies, Ekersleys, Deans or Zart
Notification of a class cancellation will be advised 48 hours prior to the course commencement date. We advise to purchase your materials once you have received email confirmation that your class is proceeding as scheduled. All efforts are made to ensure that our classes proceed to avoid disappointment.