Learn how to start an online business that makes money!
What do Uber, Booktopia, Showpo, Thankyou and Vinomofo all have in common? They all feature in Bernadette Schwerdt’s new book How to Build an Online Business, one of the most practical ‘how to’ online marketing books you’ll ever read. She brings that book to life in this 2-part seminar series and details the 5-step process all great start-ups go through to build a world-class business.
Digital Marketing expert and award-winning marketing consultant, Bernadette Schwerdt gives you the skills to create or take your existing online presence and super-charge it to maximise the opportunities available.
- Find out what the hottest online niches in your industry are.
- Test your online idea before launching to maximise your chances of success.
- Identify the most profitable niches to service.
- Convert a passion or hobby into a profitable online business.
- Turn professional services into online products and monetise your expertise.
- Scale your idea quickly, using low-cost tech tools that most don’t know about.
- Ask the 3 fundamental questions you must ask before launching any online endeavour.
- Build an information-based product that can scale instantly in under 7 days.
- How to drive traffic to your website using freely-available tools and technologies.
- The little-known software tools all leading digital entrepreneurs use to personalise their marketing campaigns.
- How to ‘user test’ your website and find out what your customers really think about your online presence.
- How to access low-cost, high impact social influencers who can drive traffic to your site for next to nothing.
- How to use video, social media, competitions and other low-cost tools to generate massive traction.
- How to access web developers, designers and other staff for a fraction of the usual cost.
Each student receives a copy of Bernadette’s first best-selling book, “Secrets of Online Entrepreneurs”.
What should I bring?
Please bring along a pen and paper or your laptop to each session.
Bernadette Schwerdt is a writer, keynote speaker and entrepreneur. She is the founder of the Australian School of Copywriting, the head copywriting tutor at Australian Writers Centre, and a former senior account director with Wunderman Cato Johnson Advertising where she created campaigns for clients such as Apple, American Express and BHP.
She has a business degree in Marketing from the University of South Australia, is the author of the best-selling book Secrets of Online Entrepreneurs, the producer of a video series of the same name for Fairfax Media and a popular TEDx speaker on a topic close to her heart: ‘How to bumble your way to success’. Her new book How to Build an Online Business is out now.
She is on the board of Writers Victoria, a mentor with the Layne Beachley ‘Aim for the Stars’ foundation, and a judge for the Anthill Cool Company Awards and the Online Retailers Industry Awards (ORIAs). She has been featured in BRW, Money magazine, HuffPost and on Sky News.
She took three years out of the corporate world to study acting at the Victorian College of the Arts, has since worked extensively as an actor in film and television and is a leading speaker coach for senior executives.
You could say she’s had what is now known as a ‘portfolio’ career.
Her mother still doesn’t know exactly what she does.
CAE offers a wide range of Business courses including a series of Social Media for Business courses. For details of upcoming courses please refer to the CAE website www.cae.edu.au or phone CAE Customer Service on 9652 0611.