The past, the present and the future walked into a bar. It was tense.
If it’s been years since you studied grammar in school and are feeling rusty, you are definitely not alone! Bronwen Hickman will demonstrate topics such as correct noun and verb use to active and passive voice, sentence construction and clear expression.
Grammar course contents:
- Basic labels used in grammar: noun, verb, adjective etc – what they mean, how to use them and how to make an impression with them.
- The structure of sentences: subject, verb, object etc.
Tenses: past, present, future and their variations, as well as active and passive voice.
- Common mistakes: why they are made and how to avoid them.
- How to use a dictionary to help you with grammar.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Easily identify the names of all the parts of speech (nouns, verbs etc) and their function in sentences.
- Notice grammar mistakes in sentences, understand what is wrong and make corrections.
- Analyse sentences, that is, to examine the structure of sentences (a bit like looking at an X-ray, rather than a photograph of a person).
Note: very little punctuation is covered in this course as there is a separate punctuation course available at different times of the year.
What should I bring on the day?
Please bring along a pen and paper to each session.
Who is this course for?
This course is perfect for anyone who needs to improve their grammar skills for work, study or writing.
Please also check out Bronwen’s new Spelling course for all your spelling needs!
Thursday, 19th March - 6 classes
$245 / $233 (conc)