- Relaxation and limbering exercises
- 10 Hatha yoga postures and their variations
- Visualisation and meditation
- Breathing – full breath yoga, Tibetan, rhythmic, alternative nostril breathing and simple peace breathing
- Awareness of endocrine gland system, position of glands and organs
- Awareness of Chakras in postures and in meditation
Yoga is an ancient Indian system of training the body and mind. Hatha yoga involves precise movements and postures called asanas which strengthen and relax muscles, improve posture, skin and muscle tone and help you look good and feel great!
Suitable for beginners and the more experienced. A gentle, progressive course which includes: limbering, relaxation and classic yoga. The mind, body and the ‘inner’ are brought into balance to promote healing, health and a return to wholeness. The classes will conclude with either deep relaxation or five minutes of meditation.
Tuesday, 23rd April - 10 classes
$199 / $190 (conc)
At the end of the course you will:
- Notice an improvement in general health, posture, flexibility and co-ordination
- Better concentration, energy and positivity in outlook
- Help in coping with/overcoming specific complaints and illnesses
- Have the skills to practise the postures in your own time and to continue deep relaxation and meditation
Before practice, allow three to four hours after a large meal, one to two hours after a snack.
The classes are suitable for men and women of all ages and, generally speaking, most people will be able to cope. Yoga is practised in a non-competitive atmosphere with each student progressing at his or her own pace. Everyone’s capacities differ, therefore to reduce the risk of injury never force or strain to achieve the final position. Just find your natural limit, where you feel comfortable, and slowly try to increase it from there. As with any form of exercise, consult your doctor/teacher and use caution if you have a serious health problem or are pregnant. It is important your teacher knows at the start of the first class.