Dutch Elementary 2 is an 18-hour course for beginners who’ve done Elementary 1 or an equivalent of 18-hours study. The content of the course has been selected to suit prospective travellers, people wanting to interact socially with the Dutch-speaking community both in Melbourne and overseas or those who would like to try their hand at learning a new language for enjoyment and cultural insight.
Currently, we have no dates scheduled for this course. Please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
By the end of this course the student will be able to:
- introduce yourself and others and use basic expressions for meeting, greeting and saying farewell
- engage in simple conversations to exchange information about nationalities, languages, professions
- talk about an everyday situation
- demonstrate basic knowledge of some cultural and social customs
- know the alphabet and numbers up to 100
- basic use present, past and perfect tense of regular and irregular verbs
- knows and knows how to use: the plural of nouns, object pronouns, demonstrative pronouns, possessive pronouns, adjective endings, the adjective in comparison and adverbs
- Textbook: Jenneke A. Oosterhoff, Basic Dutch; a grammar and workbook 2009 , Routledge Grammar Workbooks (ISBN: 978-0-415-77443-7)