I bought an awesome Digital SLR camera, now what?
Learn to understand the features and creative possibilities of your Digital SLR (DSLR) camera under the guidance of a professional photographer.
A course perfect for beginners and enthusiasts alike.
Digital SLR Photography course content:
- An overview of your camera’s features and settings
- Setting up the camera for both general use and aperture mode
- Composition, lens perspective, handling and framing
- Focusing, shutter speeds and ISO
- Light and how it relates to exposure including the various modes
- Colour management and using the camera’s review window
- Flash use and light metering
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Customise your camera’s settings
- Operate the camera in various modes (aperture, shutter speed or manual)
- Capture images that have impact and are well exposed
- Control depth of field (sharpness over a range of distance)
- Control perspective (relationship between background and foreground)
- Optimise images for printing
Who is this course suited to?
The course is perfect for beginners wishing to learn the fundamentals, or enthusiasts wishing to brush up on their skills. You may have purchased a new DSLR and are still using it as a point and shoot, or have upgraded from a film-based SLR or a compact camera. Many people purchase DSLR’s and never use even half of their functionality – often ending up in this course!
No prior photographic experience is neccessary.
Is this course only for Digital SLR cameras?
No! This course is also perfect for mirrorless and micro four thirds cameras also which essentially have the same functionality as DSLR’s. If you are unsure whether your camera is suitable, please feel welcome to call us on 9652 0611 and we’ll discuss that with you.
What should I bring?
Please bring your camera ensuring its batteries are charged and there’s plenty of room on the memory card. Please also bring any relevant cables that came with the camera including the manual if you still have it. It’s also recommended to bring a notebook and pen to take notes (although class notes are also provided)
As this online course is delivered via Zoom, you will need a webcam, microphone and a reasonably good internet connection.