Discover one of Melbourne’s best beginner photography courses.
Learn how to understand the features and creative possibilities of your Digital SLR camera under the expert guidance of a professional photographer. This Digital SLR photography course combines classroom based learning with practical shooting opportunities in one of Melbourne’s most iconic coffee precincts.
The perfect course for beginners!
- An overview of your camera’s features and settings.
- Setting up the camera for general use and aperture mode.
- Composition, lens perspective, handling and framing.
- Focusing, shutter speeds and ISO.
- Light and how it relates to exposure including the various modes.
- Colour management and using the camera’s review window.
- Flash use, light metering.
Please note, this course is the same content and level as Digital SLR Photography although is delivered in two longer sessions as opposed to four evenings for those who may like to learn over a shorter period.
- Customise your camera’s settings.
- Operate the camera in various modes (aperture, shutter speed or manual).
- Capture images that have impact and are well exposed.
- Control depth of field (sharpness over a range of distance).
- Control perspective (relationship between background and foreground).
- Optimise images for printing.
What should I bring?
- Please bring along your digital SLR camera ensuring its batteries are fully charged and there’s plenty of room on the memory card.
- Please also bring along any relevant cables that came with the camera including the manual if you have it.
- It’s also recommended to bring along a notebook and pen to take notes (although class notes are also provided)
Who is this course best suited to?
This digital SLR photography course is perfect for beginners with no prior experience. It’s also great for those who may have upgraded from a compact camera and are using their new SLR as a point and shoot, or those who may have owned an older print film based SLR and is transitioning to digital.
** Please note – this class is also suitable for mirrorless and micro four thirds cameras. If you are unsure whether your camera is suitable, please feel welcome to call us on 9652 0611
Saturday, 13th July - 2 classes
$340 / $323 (conc)
Saturday, 17th August - 2 classes
$340 / $323 (conc)