EXPLORE DIY MODERN TECHNIQUES TO CREATE UNIQUE FLORAL DESIGNS
Contemporary floristry influences come from many forms of art and are governed by current styles, trends and fashion with a modern-day twist. Contemporary floristry allows for a freedom of movement and creativity with individual expression, breaking away from past traditional styles of Floristry that follows strict principals of floristry design.
FLORISTRY COURSE CONTENTS:
Students will work on a series of floral arrangements allowing them to discover basic contemporary techniques including:
- Understanding the difference between traditional and contemporary floral techniques
- Basic flower care and correct flower maintenance
- Types of flowers and foliage used in contemporary floral design and seasonal impacts
- Working with scale and proportion and choosing the right container for your arrangements
- How to gift-wrap your bouquet and make a simple bow
- Design process for creating the contemporary bouquets for weddings or vase display for the home
- Where to purchase flowers, foliage and sundries
This is a hands-on class where techniques and processes are demonstrated by the tutor and then undertaken by students. Students can expect to make three arrangements.
Please bring along a towel, pen, notepad and flower snips. All other vessels and flower materials are provided.