Blogging is one of the easiest and most enjoyable ways to create an online presence. Whether you wish to share your photos with the world, or relate your tall travel tales and adventures, your teacher will show you how to quickly get started. From posting tips to becoming familiar with several of the most popular blogging sites, you will walk away inspired and eager to create your own!
- An introduction to the world of blogging.
- Looking at some of the most popular blog hosts, such as WordPress, Blogger and Tumblr.
- Learn how to setup a free blog through WordPress and explore the templates and customisation options.
- Developing skills in creating an effective online presence.
- Posting tips, the importance of catchy titles and creating regular posting schedules.
- Includes methods on how to grow your blog audience, how to effectively engage your readers.
- Integrating social media to further extend your reach.
- Blogging etiquette and how it relates to growing your own site.
This is an introductory class aimed at people interested in starting their own personal blog or simply discovering what it’s all about.
Please be aware, this is not a technical class aimed at fixing problems in existing blogs. This course is held in a classroom, not a computer lab.
Karen Andrews is an award-winning writer, author, editor, poet and publisher. Her work has appeared in journals and publications throughout Australia. She has blogged at karenandrews.com.au since 2006 and is one of the most established and popular parenting/personal bloggers in the country. She is the host of The Creative Life podcast, interviewing Australian writers about their creative process. Her latest book is On The Many Shapes Bodies Will Take, and she has a forthcoming release called Trust the Process: 101 Tips on Writing and Creativity.
Wednesday, 20th June - 1 class
$165 / $157 (conc)
Wednesday, 8th August - 1 class
$165 / $157 (conc)