This course provides an introduction to family history for people wanting to search their Australian and British ancestry from home. It is a hands-on course where participants can practise applying the techniques taught, learn necessary background information and gather tips.
This course provides the background information and the search techniques necessary to use these three FREE sites effectively:
- Victorian Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages (very tricky)
- Freebmd to access St Catherine’s Index for England and Wales
- Familysearch – including how to find your local Family History Centre
The course is ‘hand-on’ and time is spent to enable participants to practice what they have learnt using their own family history and make enquiries under the guidance of a professional genealogist.
Helen is a professional genealogist who has had many clients including some from: Denmark, Chile, India and of course UK, Canada and the US. She has also created 14 bound books for clients wishing to record their family history for posterity.
All of Helen’s courses include opportunities for participants to apply what they have learnt using their own family history information and have individual guidance.
- Masters in Social Research (Monash)
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Science (Social Statistics)
- Bachelor Arts (maj. Pure Maths)
- Graduate Diploma Education
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment
Since retiring from the classroom she has worked as a private Maths tutor.