Are you 17-64, left school without finishing Year 12? Have you not completed a Level 2 Certificate and been out of work more for than a year? We can help you.
The Reconnect Program can provide you with:
One on one support
Pathways planning and goal setting
Direct access to pre-accredited and accredited training
Links to work experience opportunities
Box Hill Institute in conjunction with CAE are supporting early school leavers who are interested in undertaking VCE in 2018 with an intensive 2 week preparation course starting on Tuesday, 28 November 2017. Pre-VCE Ready to Study will be offered from our City campus and will provide opportunities to learn about study and personal management skills, subject selection, help students become orientated with the CAE and participate in group activities.
What is Reconnect?
Reconnect provides support to young people 15 to 24 to sustain their engagement with learning and work. Box Hill Institute is funded to support 160 young people across Melbourne, Whitehorse and the Yarra Ranges through the Reconnect Program.
Am I eligible?
This program is for people who:
- Have been out of school for more than 14 weeks
- Haven’t completed a vocational qualification
- Have completed school or training but haven’t worked full time in more than 12 months
What do I get?
- Personal support for up to 18 months
- Tailored pre-accredited training to increase your skills and support your goals
- Work experience opportunities
- Support with costs for accredited study and additional needs
- Learning assistance with study Assisted pathways to accredited courses or work
What is expected of me?
- Go through an assessment process to decide on the level of support needed
- Develop a personalised Student Plan
- Meet at least monthly with Reconnect Case Manager to you review Student Plan
- Have the goal of returning to some form of accredited study or work
What study pathway can Box Hill Institute’s Reconnect Program help me with?
- General Education
- VET Certificates
- English as an Additional Language