Are you 17-64 and not currently enrolled in an accredited course? Have you not completed Year 12 or an equivalent qualification (Certificate II)? Have you been out of fulltime work more for than a year? We can help you.
The Reconnect Program can provide you with:
Pathway planning and goal setting
Direct access to pre-accredited and accredited training
Links to work experience opportunities
Box Hill Institute in conjunction with CAE are supporting early school leavers who are interested in returning to study VCE with a flexible 15-week preparation course starting on Tuesday, 17 July 2018. Pre-VCE will be offered from our City campus and will provide you with opportunities to develop your study skills while giving you options to undertake VCE level Foundation English and Foundation Maths units. An eligible student undertaking Pre-VCE as a pathway into VCE will have the added benefit of additional support through the Reconnect case management service as part of their engagement.
What is Reconnect?
Reconnect provides support to people 17 to 64 to sustain their engagement with learning and work. Box Hill Institute is funded to support people across Melbourne, Eastern and Outer Eastern Melbourne through its Reconnect Program.
Am I eligible?
This program is for people who:
- Are currently not enrolled in an accredited course
- Have not completed Year 12 or an equivalent qualification (Certificate II)
- Have been out of full-time work for more than 12 months
What do I get?
- One on one support
- Pathway planning and goal setting
- Direct access to pre-accredited and accredited training
- Links to work experience opportunities
What is expected of me?
- Go through an assessment process to decide on the support needed
- Develop a personalised Student Plan
- Meet at least monthly with Reconnect Case Manager to review Student Plan
- Have the aim of returning to some form of study to support vocational goals
What study pathway can Box Hill Institute’s Reconnect Program help me with?
- General Education
- VET Certificates
- English as an Additional Language