CAE Post Course Student Survey Draw
1. The Promoter is the Centre for Adult Education ABN 84 434 201 642 (“CAE”, “We”) of 253 Flinders Lane, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000.
2. The CAE Post Course Student Survey Draw competition is a competition to win one of two (2) $50 short course vouchers every two months during the Competition Period (“Competition”).
3. The Competition will be conducted and prizes awarded in accordance with these competition rules.
4. Your entry in this Competition constitutes your deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
5. The Promoter (the ‘Centre for Adult Education’ or ‘CAE’) reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that tampers with the entry process or is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights
6. The Competition commences on Thursday 7 February 2019 at 9am AEST and the closing date for receiving entries into the Competition is Thursday 11 April 2019 at 5pm AEST (“Competition Period”). Entries after the closing date will not be considered. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission by the entrant. Records of the Promoter are final and conclusive as at the time of receipt.
7. For a chance to win, You must complete a course with the Promoter and complete a CAE Post Course Student Survey through Survey Monkey within the Competition Period.
8. When sending in Your Competition entry, You must provide your name, age, telephone number, e-mail address and proof of age. We will only use this information in relation to the Competition (including checking your eligibility to enter it and announcing the winners) and will not use it for any other purposes whatsoever. We will not keep this information for longer than is necessary for the operation of the Competition.
9. Entry to the Competition is limited to one entry per person and is only open to Australian residents.
10. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
11. If You are under the age of eighteen years, You must provide evidence of parental consent to Your entry into the Competition at the time of sending in Your Competition entry. If You are aged under eighteen years and do not provide such evidence of parental consent, Your entry will not be considered.
12. If you have any questions on how to enter, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “CAE Post-Course Student Survey” in the subject line.
13. Employees of the Promoter or Box Hill Institute (ABN 76 268 630 462) or their family members, or anyone else connected with the Competition are not eligible to enter this Competition or win the prize
14. The first two valid entries drawn will each win a CAE short courses gift voucher valued at $50.
15. To use a gift voucher towards a short course, the selected course must have reached minimum numbers. It is the prize winner’s responsibility to confirm this with the Promoter’s customer service department prior to enrolment.
16. The prizes cannot be exchanged or transferred by You and cannot be redeemed by You for cash or any other prizes. The Promoter retains the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value (including where the prize is unavailable).
Picking the Winners
17. All valid entries received during the Competition Period will be placed in a draw to be held at the Promoter’s office at 4pm AEST on Wednesday 5 December 2018 . The Promoter’s office is located at 253 Flinders Lane, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000.
18. The first two (2) valid entries drawn will win the prizes.
19. The prize winners will be notified by email or telephone on Thursday 6 December 2018.
20. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. If this Competition is interfered with in any way, or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory (or other appropriate) authority to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
22. The name of the winner may be published and the winner may be asked to participate in any publicity regarding the Competition.
23. The prize winners will be advised on how a prize may be delivered and/or collected.
24. The use of any automated entry software, or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly, is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
25. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to the following:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
(c) any entry, prize, or claim for a prize that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether before or after receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
(d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
(e) any tax liability (including FBT) incurred by a winner or entrant; and
(f) use of the prize.
26. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted.
27. We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
28. The Promoter excludes any liability for any voucher that has been lost, stolen or damaged or tampered with in any way. Redemption of each voucher is subject to conditions imposed by the Promoter from time to time. Once a prize has left the Promoter’s control, the Promoter will not be liable for loss or damage to that prize.
29. No purchase is necessary.
30. Nothing in these Competition Rules shall exclude the liability of BHI for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
31. BHI accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by You as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. BHI further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to You or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
32. BHI reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice. The decision of BHI in all matters under its control is final and binding.
33. BHI shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
34. The Competition will be governed by the laws of the State of Victoria