Through demonstration and supervised practice this course teaches you to work on yourself, family and friends. It also provides a sound basis for further study.
Relaxation Massage helps reduce stress, improve circulation, ease and tone muscles and provide the deep relaxation that allows our minds and bodies to recharge and rejuvenate. The emphasis is on relaxation and enjoyment and, as in all massage, being sensitive and responsive to your partner’s needs.
This course is an excellent introductory course but does not qualify you to work professionally in the industry. However, it provides a sound basis for further study. After completion of this course you will be eligible for RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) at The Melbourne Institute of Massage Therapy in Heidelberg (Phone 94551926) and may be at other schools of massage.
Currently there are no classes scheduled for this course.
Please contact us on 9652 0611.
An excellent introduction to basic massage techniques. Take time out and give yourself a totally relaxing experience learning this gentle art. Feel tensions subside as you give and receive massages throughout the course. Oils provided for practice in class.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of massage
- Understand the use of oils in massage
- Know when not to use massage
- Use specific massage strokes to various parts of the body, eg. the head, back, back of legs, full back, neck and shoulder area etc.
- Have practised sufficiently to be able to massage friends and family.