The feel of holding your own book? Priceless!
Self-publishing is booming and you will be amazed at the opportunities available to budding authors that simply weren’t possible through traditional publishing channels. If you have even an inkling of interest in this field, this course is highly recommended! This step by step course, presented by author, publishing and marketing consultant Julie Postance, will take you from initial concept right the way through to self-published paperback. Publishing your own book establishes you as an expert and can bring you career acceleration, money and opportunities beyond your wildest dreams. Bypass rejection letters from publishers, learn how to write, edit and get your book out there!
- The benefits of self-publishing over mainstream publishing.
- Brainstorming your topic.
- Choosing your book idea.
- Planning your book.
- Writing your book or finding someone to write it for you!
- Ways to get your book written really fast!
- Finding the right editor/s for your book.
- Finding the right typesetter for your book.
- Sourcing the best quality royalty free images.
- Getting an awesome cover designed for you (at a price to suit any budget).
- Finding a top quality, low-cost local printer to print small batches of books.
- Uploading your book on Amazon, the biggest seller of books in the world!
- Ensuring you have an author platform.
- Some great marketing strategies to sell more books.
The course also includes videos of successful self-published authors, highly interactive activities, and tips and tools that you can implement immediately in order to create your book.
Who is this course for?
This class is perfect for those who have written or are in the process of writing a book or are simply interested in the amazing opportunities that self-publishing offers.
It is not necessary for you to have written anything to attend!
What to bring:
Please bring along a pen and paper to each session.