Throughout the day you will cover the following information:
• Definition of a bed and breakfast
• Entering the tourism industry
• Business and marketing plans
• Business registration, licences and insurance
• Food handling, training and registration
• Meet and greet and hosting your guests
• Providing a safe environment for you and your guests
• Presentation and maintenance
• Know your markets
• Purchasing supplies and setting up your accommodation
• Tariff setting, commissions and working with agents
• Terms and conditions, deposits, refunds, cancellation policies
• Effective marketing of your business
As part of this course, you will also receive a copy of ‘A Guide to Establishing and Managing an Accommodation Business in Australia‘
This comprehensive guide has been produced by the national peak industry organisation for bed and breakfasts, farmstays, guest houses and quality self-contained accommodation. The Guide is written in the form of a useful manual with contact details and website addresses provided for relevant organisations and government departments.
• An overview of federal, state and local the tourism industries
• Planning, licensing and other compliance requirements, including insurance, etc.
• Setting up and maintaining your accommodation
• Hosting your guests
• Tariff setting, cancellation policies etc.
• Websites, internet and general marketing
Plus, templates for guest registration forms, booking enquiry forms, market and business plans and a list of potential budget items.