This course aims to provide skills and knowledge which will allow the attendee to create
lookup functions, set Excel working options, enhance charts, protect worksheet data, perform advanced data operations using summarising, PivotTables, data consolidations, goal seeking, and Solver, and create and use macros.
At the completion of this course you will be able to:
- Use a range of lookup and reference functions
- Modify Excel options
- Customise the formatting of charts in Excel
- Create and use labels and names in a workbook
- Protect data in worksheets and workbooks
- Create summaries in your spreadsheets using subtotals
- Use data linking to create more efficient workbooks
- Use the Data Consolidation feature to combine data from several workbooks into one
- Understand and create simple PivotTable reports
- Construct and operate PivotTables using some of the more advanced techniques
- Create and edit a PivotChart
- Use goal seeking to determine the values required to reach a desired result
- Group cells and use outlines to manipulate the worksheet
- Use Solver to solve more complex and intricate problems
- Create recorded macros in Excel
- Use the macro recorder to create a variety of macros
This course assumes a good understanding of spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel 2010 and how to create, print and chart workbooks. It would also be beneficial to have a general understanding of personal computers and the Windows operating system environment.
Please note that due to considerable differences in the software, this course will not be suitable for people currently using Office 2003.
Please bring a pen, paper and USB stick (to save your work between classes) to each session.
This course is designed for users who need to use some of the more advanced features of
Microsoft Excel 2010.