BYO sewing machine and conquer the beast! Learn how to use your sewing machine to its full potential or use the CAE machines. The course covers everything from the basics such as threading and tension adjustments to learning how and when to use the built in stiches and presser feet that come with your machine to achieve professional results quickly and easily. Learn about the various needles available such as universal, ballpoint, sharps and which fabrics to use them with.
Sunday, 4th March - 1 class
$182 / $173 (conc)
By the end of this course you will be familiar with the workings and features of your machine and feel more confident to use them to create better outcomes in your craft and fashion projects.
You MUST bring your sewing machine, sewing machine MANUAL, tool box provided with machine and bobbins suitable for your machine
Please bring the following to the class:
– your sewing machine in good working order
– your sewing machine MANUAL (this is ESSENTIAL!) and tool box provided with machine
– packet of Universal no. 80 machine needles which fit your machine
– suitable bobbins for your machine
– dressmakers scissors
– measuring tape
– quick unpick
– dark coloured Gutterman thread
– tailors chalk (not white as it will not show up well on calico).
This course is suitable for the experienced or novice sewer who has a sewing machine that they are not entirely familiar with or feel that there are features on it that they are yet to explore.